Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful Christmas! This was our first Christmas ever without our families. We went to Veronica's house around 11am and stayed all day! We ate a yummy lunch (salad, turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, and pie) and then we played World Monopoly. First, Monopoly now comes with debit cards instead of play money. That was kind of disturbing at first, but then it was SO MUCH EASIER to play! :-) No counting or hiding money! Second, Monopoly is a long game! I think we played for about 5 hours! It was fun though. Probably because I won.
Christmas morning, I got up and was heading straight to the bathroom to take a shower and Waylon said "Do you want to go downstairs and fix me coffee?" and I (of course) replied "No." Then about 2 minutes later, he said "Do you want to go open our present from Mom and Pop?" and I (of course) replied "yeah!" So we got downstairs and SANTA CAME! :-)
There was not supposed to be any gift giving this year because Waylon got a Playstation 3 and I got a car and a new Garmin just last week. And I was perfectly okay with that, but it sure was exciting coming downstairs and seeing a bunch of presents wrapped under the tree that weren't there the night before! Just like a kid again! Apparently Santa wrapped them in the back of the Tahoe in the garage at 2am. HAHA.
Tomorrow, we are heading to the farm to meet up with my mom and dad. I wish my brother was coming but he's not feeling well. :-( Maybe he'll come visit us soon...
Tomorrow we'll get to see my parents, grandparents, Uncle Ron, Aunt Karen, Jake and Nate, Aunt Terri, Uncle Mike, Taylor and Corey, and Chad, Jenny, Miles and Charlie. We didn't time it right with some of my aunts and uncles and cousins so we won't get to see them.
We are also supposed to be getting the snow that gave Arkansas a white Christmas tomorrow night so I hope we make it back safely!
No comments:
Post a Comment