Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weekend Adventure (two weekends ago...)

Laura, the wife of one of Waylon's co-workers, asked if we wanted to go to a chocolate factory on Saturday morning.  We didn't have anything going on so we decided to go.  I said we'd be there around 9:30 because Mackenzie slept until 9 or 9:30 all week so she'd have to get up at 8:30 for us to get there at 9:30.  So we pulled into the parking lot at 9:40 (that should be a surprise to nobody!) and I called Laura to see if they were there yet.  She said they were standing outside in line waiting to get in.  We followed a bunch of people and went in some doors but it ended up being the gift shop.  We had to go around and go inside on the other side of the building.  There was a long line out into the parking lot so we just got in it and planned on waiting.  Well, then we saw Laura come out and she told us to follow her.  Basically we cut in front of 150 people.  I was so embarrassed!  But Waylon was the one that had to push through with the stroller! :-)



The Easter Bunny was also there.  We walked into a hallway and there were three Easter Bunnies.  I'm not sure how people explained that to 5 year olds but whatever.  They were just hanging out on plastic little chairs.  Not exactly the best "first Easter Bunny experience" ever but we took a few pictures...


(I could crop out the other bunny and the eggs on wheels but the more I think about this day, the more I laugh, so I kind of like it...  And, as you can tell, Mackenzie didn't mind the ghetto-ness of it all.)

Then we toured the chocolate factory.  They make chocolate bunnies and buckeyes.  I was SO proud of us...we didn't buy anything! And only had one sample!

After that, it was like 10:30 so we wanted to find something else to do.  We found a park that was a few miles away so we all headed that way.  It was a really nice park if you don't mind playing in the hood and possibly finding used needles on the ground and just ignore the, um..., people walking through.  And Waylon also drove through the park's bike path and we had to just drive off the curb because there was a pole blocking cars.  But anyway, I refused to get out, regardless what anyone else wanted to do. 

We decided to go eat lunch and found a Grinders in the Short North.  We figured that would be okay.  Well, we drove all over trying to find parking and finally found a parking deck and had to walk a few blocks.  Mind you there is three families with SEVEN children under the age of 4!  We had two sets of 4 year old twins, a 2 year old, a 16 month old, and Mackenzie. So all 13 of us (and three strollers) walk into Grinders and it was a dirty, gross little hole in the wall.  And there was nobody in there at noon on a Saturday...bad sign!!  So we all turned around and left.  We found another place around the corner that was really nice (owned by former OSU Heisman winner/NFL player Eddie George).

 Other than us being really loud, it was good.  By the time we left, we were all ready for a nap!  Mackenzie did spectacular.  She didn't get her morning nap (other than in the car) but she did great.  She just sat on our laps through lunch and ate bananas.  :-)

This is Mackenzie after we got home still asleep...

So that was our first Easter Bunny experience.  I'll keep you posted on my Mother of the Year nomination...

(and we have no other pictures of our adventure because I messed with the settings of my new camera before I let Waylon use it and therefore all the pictures are out of focus.  That'll teach me to think I'm a photographer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment