We had to go to the doctor today because Mackenzie lost 11% of her birth weight in her first two days. She gained a few ounces by the time we left the hospital (8lbs, 8oz on Wednesday am to 7lbs, 9oz on Friday to 7lbs, 12oz on Sunday afternoon when we left) but we still had to go in to get checked out.
In the car on the way to the dr...I took my camera and totally didn't take any pictures other than this one with my phone!
Today she weighed 7lbs, 13oz, so she's slowly gaining some weight. Her length went from 19.5" at birth to 20.25" today. I know she did not grow almost an inch. The nurse told me before she even measured her to expect it to be more. She guessed that the nurses at the hospital measured her quickly and it was a little off. She also said 19.5" was a little small for 8lbs, 8oz.
Mackenzie's weight is in the 50th percentile; her height is in the 75th percentile; and her head circumference is in the 75th percentile.
I had a list of questions for the doctor and he answered everything and wasn't concerned with anything that I was! :-)
Waylon went back to work today so Mom went to the doctor with us (she had to drive...I had no clue I wasn't going to be able to drive for two weeks!). We have to go back on Friday to get weighed again and make sure everything is still okay.

No comments:
Post a Comment