I got better relatively quick. I am normally sick for at least two weeks but I slept for three days and drank a TON of water and it seemed to help. So we left the following Saturday for North Carolina!
We rented a Ford Explorer so we didn't have to put miles (almost 1400!) on our vehicle (since it was a business trip). The trip ended up being 11 hours after adding in all the stops. We just stopped whenever Mackenzie needed to and we tried to eat and get gas at the same time. Mackenzie did FABULOUS! She only cried one time until we got to Raleigh. Then, the last hour, she was a little fussy. I climbed over the seat and fed her a bottle. Bad idea! I'm not sure why I thought feeding her in her carseat going 75 mph backwards would be a good idea. She doesn't spit up very often but after that bottle, she vomited all. over. me. :-( We were less than 1 minute from Ann's house!
Still in Ohio...
West Virginia...traveling in the fall is so pretty...especially through the mountains!
Although Mackenzie did great in the car, it took her a few days to get adjusted. She was a cranky baby the first few days we were there. It was so frustrating for me because she is such a good baby and I'm not used to her being constantly fussy. And it was important to me for her to spend time with my family and she wasn't happy. After a few days, she was back to her sweet self and they finally got to see the Mackenzie we are used to!
I LOVE my North Carolina family! Outside of my dad and Uncle Tom, they are the only family I know on my dad's side.
My Great-Aunt Edna...she could really get Mackenzie to talk and smile!
Eddie brought down Emma's swing and that was a life-saver!
We were also able to borrow Emma's bouncer which Mackenzie LOVED! (she would play until she fell asleep in it!)
Beautiful Emma with Mackenzie...
She loved this so much we are going to go find one! Ours just has a little mirror and mobile...this one lights up and plays music and has things to play with! :-)
Sweet Ann!
Smiling at Mr. Tim!
My cousin Chris with us
It took a while, but she finally smiled...a little!
At Aunt Edna's house...
Playing with Ann...
So tired! (This is how she sleeps...one hand behind her head and one across her face...I love her!!)
Great-Great-Aunt Edna and Mackenzie!
Aunt Edna, Ann, and Mackenzie...
My cousin Jennifer (and baby #2), Emma, and me...(Waylon was watching Mackenzie while she was asleep.) Jennifer was so sweet to take Mackenzie's 3 month pictures while we were there! We did them Sunday which was the first day we were there and well...she was a fussy girl! We tried again Thursday and she was better but still a little fussy! Jennifer was able to get some good pictures though! THANK YOU Jennifer!!!!
We went to the cemetery to see where my Grandmother and Grandpa are buried. The last time I was there, Waylon proposed to me! I wanted a picture of all three of us there but Waylon was busy working and he never got a chance to go out there.
As soon as we got out of the car, Mackenzie was smiling and talking and laughing...she knew it is a special place! She was talking to Grandpa, I just know! She was probably asking for his chocolate! ;-)
We had such a good time in North Carolina! It was so good to see everybody! It had been over 2 years since we were there last (June 2008) so it was nice to get back there! THANK YOU so much Ann and Tim for letting us stay with you and letting Waylon turn your kitchen into his office for a week! ;-) We appreciate everything you did for us...the Parker's, the Bill's, the homemade fried fish and shrimp and slaw (jealous yet Daddy????)! We love you and can't wait to see you again soon! By then, Mackenzie will be into everything and you'll have grandbaby #2!! So exciting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment