Sunday, February 6, 2011

Six Months!

Mackenzie,
You are already a half a year old!  How did this happen??  You are closer to one than being my newborn.  I just can't believe that!  You are the sweetest baby in the world.  I can't get over how much I love you.

We went to the doctor and you are 16 pounds,  1.5 ounces (50th percentile) and 26 inches long (75th percentile). You gained two and a half pounds and grew a half an inch in the past two months.  You grew two inches between 3 and 4 months so it all equals out.  You also got more shots.  You cried until I picked up you up which made me sad.  You are starting to get stranger anxiety.  You cried when the nurse took your temperature, you cried when she measured and weighed you, you cried when the doctor looked in your ears, gave you the oral vaccine, and of course the shots.  You were fine as soon as you were in my arms.  You would not give anyone any smiles, which is not like you at all! 

Here's what you were up to this month:
  • You started eating carrots and squash.  You are a good eater but are very messy.  Bathtime is now immediately after lunch.
  • You can sit by yourself for a little bit.
  • You are starting to get a LITTLE bit of hair.  :-)
  • We just moved you up to a size 3 diaper.  They look huge on you but you squirm so much that the size 2 diapers were getting hard to put on you (they do still fit though).
  • You are SO happy.  You laugh all the time!
  • You are starting to want out of your carseat when we go to dinner or shopping.  Until now you have been very content going wherever with us.  I have a feeling our outings are going to become shorter and less frequent soon!
  • You love to jump in your jumperoo and play at your high chair. 
  • You have decided you like to sleep on your belly.  I spent about two weeks going in your bedroom to turn you over about every 30 minutes all night long.  Now we just put you to bed on your back and sometimes you sleep on your back or side and sometimes you sleep on your belly.
  • You have started to push yourself up on your hands (versus elbows) and pushing up on your knees.
  • I think you have creeped.
  • You wear 6 month clothes (and a few 3-6 months) and 9 month sleepers with feet because you are so tall.  They are huge around your belly and arms though.
  • You are drinking formula exclusively now (Similac Sensitive Ready to Feed) along with rice cereal for breakfast and dinner and veggies at lunch.
  • You babble all the time and also learned to growl and scream.
  • You are still a good sleeper.  You go to bed around 8:30 now and wake up anywhere between 7 and 9 (and occasionally 9:30ish).  Some days you take two or three 30 minute naps and some days you take two 2-3 hour naps.  We try to keep on a schedule but some days you are just more tired so I let you sleep.
  • We had our first "all nighter" this month.  It was the night you ate carrots for the first time.  Maybe you had a bellyache? We sat on the couch all night long.  You slept some and I slept none.  But that is okay. 
  • You are also starting to teethe.  It hasn't been too bad yet.  You've just been a little fussy and you are a little restless at night (4am until you wake up).
  • Everything is still going straight to your mouth and you are starting to drool a little.
  • You know how to give kisses and hug my neck.  You are beyond sweet and we couldn't be happier!
We love you Mackenzie baby!!

Miscellaneous pictures from the month:

Sugar Bowl with Max and Sam




First bite of carrots...




 Six month birthday cake!!


And, my personal favorites, this is what goes on to get a picture...

 "Ohhh, paper!"

 "oh, man, she moved it...but I can still get it!"

 "hmm, I can reach this..."

"Mommy took the paper away, but I think I found something better...."

"Yep, it's way better!"

 "STRING!"

"It's stuck but I think I can..."

"oops, I fell over"

"But I got it!"

"mean ol' mommy took that away from me too, but these are fun!"

"What? Am I in trouble?"

"Mommy's no fun!"


No comments:

Post a Comment