Saturday, the Abbott office gave us a baby shower at Waylon's co-worker Traci's house. It was a cookout/shower so it was a family event. Traci hired a babysitter so all the kids could play without parents having to worry about them. I got to meet lots of people I hadn't met or had only met once or twice so it was nice to be able to put faces with names.
Shawna made us a diaper cake! It was her first attempt at one and apparently it got destroyed in the car on the way to the shower. She came in very flustered about it and Tanner said "It's okay, we'll fix it! I'll help! Let's go!" So they went outside to the car. But before they went out, I saw Tanner carrying a large bowl and mixing spoon. I had no idea how he was going to fix the diaper cake with that, but I just thought, whatever! HAHA...he didn't understand the concept of a diaper cake...he thought it was an actual cake shaped like a diaper! :-) But it was nice to know he was going to salvage the cake!
Okay, this cracks me up. Waylon didn't tell me I was taking up half the diaper cake with my belly. HAHA!
We had burgers, chicken, hot dogs and lots of sides. Traci made homemade mac and cheese and you better believe the rest of it is in my fridge right now!! It was SO good! I had some when I got home too! Jill made cupcakes that were also fabulous! We took home six and I think there's one left... :-)
Everybody was so nice and generous! The office gave us our pack n play, infant seat/bouncer, diaper genie, and refills. We also got a bumbo seat, bath tub with washcloths, a towel, and baby wash, receiving blankets and cribsheet, clothes, mattress pad, books, a blankie, and some other goodies! And of course, the two boxes of diapers Shawna used for the diaper cake!
We did get two of the bouncer seats. For some reason it didn't get marked off our registry, which is strange because the other stuff that was purchased on the same gift receipt was taken off. The bumbo also wasn't marked off (from a different person). So we'll have to return the extra bouncer and put it toward the swing or the exersaucer. Not a big deal, we have lots to purchase still! I just felt bad opening two!
We had such a good time!! I was so tired and my feet were so swollen when I got home! I made the mistake of wearing some flipflops that have very hard leather soles and my feet, knees, and back were killing me! I think I would have been better off wearing $2 Old Navy flipflops! I only slept a few hours that night because my back hurt so bad.
Now I get to play with all our new presents!


Yay! It's so funny that you such a tiny girl have such a big belly! (That's not an insult) Have fun with all your baby stuff. Check in with your dr about that back pain. Stay well.
ReplyDeleteIs that your Miller Lite you are enjoying with your fruit!?!
ReplyDelete