And still so much to do!
Only 26 things left on my to do list...down from almost 50 (I re-did it and have added some stuff so there was probably more at one point...). I wish my mom was still here to help me!!! Unfortunately she had to be back home to go to workshops last week. Contrary to what most believe, teachers DON'T get the summers completely off!
We spent all day yesterday out shopping and working on getting everything ready. Waylon took the Tahoe to get some belts replaced in the morning and then we went to Bob Evans for lunch (well, we always eat breakfast there). We got a lamp and mirror for the nursery. I feel better about that now. She finally has light in her room! (As strange as it sounds, most rooms do not have ceiling lights in houses up here...our Master bedroom does but the other bedrooms don't and our living room doesn't...). We still need curtains but I can't find any that I like. :-(
Max got a new toy too. He got a bunny and he was quite scared of it at first. But they're friends now. (and yes, he has his paws crossed...)
Our "To Buy" list is actually getting very small!! That makes me very happy!! It was so long at the beginning and now there's only a handful of things on it. The only things left that we NEED right away are more diapers, wipes, diaper cream (we have some but need extras for diaper bags and downstairs), a thermometer, and a seat protector to go under the carseat (we actually have one that we used for Max, haha...that one will be used for Waylon's truck!). Oh, and the monitor but I'm ordering it today or tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have everything bought by the end of the week!
Our last trip yesterday was to Babies R Us. We bought our swing and the extra carseat base for Waylon. We also got our baby book and Waylon got his diaper bag. :-) He didn't want to carry mine. Don't know why!!!
I didn't make it to the fundraising brunch this morning. I wanted to and could have gone but with the game tonight, Waylon didn't want me to get too worn out. I was pretty tired and swollen last night.
(from my phone)
Right before the game started, we got a thunderstorm...so it wasn't actually too hot. I stayed inside most of the time. Since I couldn't have a hot dog, I made Waylon find me a funnel cake! :-) It was SO good. We had a good time at the game. The Clippers' stadium is really nice and we had amazing parking passes! We played the minor league team for the Braves which was kind of nice because the Braves play the Reds the last week in July so Waylon can't go! Maybe next year!!
However, when we got home, my feet were very, very swollen! They were the worst they've ever been! I was sitting the whole time but I guess the heat and little bit of humidity was just too much. I never felt hot but apparently my feet felt otherwise.
This is what I get for marrying a pitcher. He saran wrapped ice to my feet.
Lately, we have received some very special blankets:
This one is from Waylon's mom:
And this one is from Waylon's Grandma Jewel, along with a little hat:
We love them all and can't wait for her to be here to wrap her in them! Thank you!!




No comments:
Post a Comment