Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

We had a very good, relaxing weekend.  Other than shopping, we just hung out at the house. 

Monday we went to Sara's house for a pool party/cookout.  It was their families and us.  :-)  We had yummy steaks that Anthony grilled and Waylon played in the pool with Max and Sam.  It was a little hot for me so I stayed inside with Sara's mom for a while.  She's just so sweet and couldn't really be in the heat for long either.  We did go out for a while, then all the girls went inside. 

I've been trying to find a photographer in Columbus to do newborn pictures, but every one I found had outrageous prices.  We're talking $300 sitting fees then a $300-400 MINIMUM purchase.  I also wanted a place that would give me a CD with the copyright release, like our wedding pictures.  Places were charging $75 per image on the CD or $1000+ for the CD.  CRAZINESS!!! 

Jen suggested looking on Craigslist.  I wasn't sure I wanted to do that because I think Craigslist attracts all the crazies.  I eventually gave in and looked.  I had to search through a TON of ads but it wasn't too bad.  I found several that were starting out their photography businesses and seemed legitimate, but I didn't particularly like their photos.  Then I found one that is in Upper Arlington and she had a nice website and a Facebook page.  I sent her an email and she has our due date marked on her calendar.  After the baby gets here, we'll just call her and set a time.  They also design birth announcements if we want so that might be an easier way to do that also.  

Now, I just have to figure out what I want her to wear in the pictures.  I have the tutu and my mom has been shopping for bows today.  :-)  I can't find bows in Columbus and it makes me angry.  I bought some at a baby expo but that's it.   

Well, we're down to 8 weeks left!  I'll post my picture later...if I decide to, thanks to my brother.  I'll quote him: "Geez Kel, you're HUGE!  Are you the next octo-mom or just giving birth to Mount Cody?"  (Click here to see who Mount Cody is!)  :-)  I love my brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment