So, I have really good luck. No, no I don't.
Apparently in the northern states, summer = road construction work. I mean, yes, it totally makes sense because you can't exactly resurface roads when it's 10 degrees outside. However, when one is about to have a baby, she does NOT need roads to be bumper to bumper traffic and ramps closed.
To get to our doctor's office, it's pretty easy. You turn out of our subdivision and go straight until that road turns into 670. Then you get on 315 and the office is in a few exits. (It's about 17 miles from our house...I was doing some tax prep yesterday...haha!)
To get to the hospital that we chose, you go the same exact way and it's one or two exits past the doctor's office. The hospital's exit takes you directly to the parking lot. SO easy.
Wouldn't you know that, as of yesterday, they are working on 315 in those exact spots?? They've closed the on ramps but not all the exit ramps (I think that's right). The hospital's exit ramp will still be open. So I could take 315 and still get off. HOWEVER, they are taking it down to two lanes in both directions. I guess they're working on the southbound lanes so southbound traffic will be in the northbound lane. Not good.
So last night we took Max on a car ride to figure out how we can get to the doctor without taking 315. We found another interstate that we can take and then just take "regular" roads to the doctor's office. It adds about 15 minutes to the drive, so it will now take me 45 minutes to get there. Lovely.
We will still need to figure out another way to the hospital. I think if we take the interstate we'll take to the doctor's office one more exit, it will take us to the road the hospital is on. We'll just have to take that road further down, rather than exiting the interstate directly into the parking lot! UGG! So frustrating!
Maybe we'll have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night and there will be no traffic! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment