We stayed home on New Year's Eve and played a game Waylon bought at the newest Walmart he found. Apparently it's actually a decent store. I have yet to go. Anyway, the game was incredibly hard and took us forever to finish but it was a lot of fun. I can't wait for my mom to come again so she can play with us.
New Year's Day I got up and started making puppy chow and deviled eggs for a party at Sara's house. I love puppy chow but it's so messy to make. We stayed at Sara's until about midnight that night. We watched the OSU game and then stayed for the Florida game. We decided we should head home when we had about 3 inches of snow on our car and it was still snowing heavily.
It snows every day. I mean EVERY DAY. Waylon's been having to shovel our driveway and sidewalks every day and today he didn't because he had to go back to work. (Yesterday he shoveled in a windchill of -7.) I guess I will just drive over it all when I go get my hair cut this afternoon. We got about 2 more inches last night/this morning. I haven't seen the grass since Christmas Day (of course!). But we'd rather have snow than just grayness which is what it's like if it's not snowing.
Saturday night I went to get some leftover pizza from Antonio's and discovered that Waylon had eaten it ALL. I didn't even get a single piece. So I made him take me to Steak N Shake which is in Easton about 20 minutes away (at 10pm). After we pulled out of the garage we noticed that it was snowing and the roads were covered. Of course we went anyway because I really wanted a Frisco Melt. The main roads hadn't been treated yet so it took us forever to get there but by the time we left the main roads were fine. Our original tracks in our subdivision were completely covered though.
We pretty much did nothing this whole weekend. Waylon took Max on a walk but he had to carry him home because his paws were causing the snow to melt and then would re-freeze in little balls on his paws. He really hates that. He tries to bite it off and that doesn't really work because it's in his fur. Poor little guy. So we now either have to put his booties on to walk him or not walk him at all if there's snow.
Well that was our exciting New Year's weekend. It was fun though. Sometimes we love doing nothing! And it's too cold to actually do anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment