Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our 2010 plans


We're due 07.27.10! And we're SO EXCITED!

Here's a (bad) picture of me on Christmas. Let me preface this by saying it was around midnight and we had been at our friends' house for about 10 hours and I was SO tired! But I wanted a picture of the baby on Christmas! So please excuse my hair and face...focus on the belly! I thought I was 11 weeks but it turns out on Christmas I was only nine and a half weeks.



This is me today at 11 weeks:


(Again, please excuse my no-make-up face!)

We went to the doctor last Tuesday (12.29.09) for the first time. I wasn't an "established patient" anywhere here yet so I had to wait a few weeks to get in. I saw a Nurse Practitioner on December 15 and we just did bloodwork and some testing. She answered our questions and I got the H1N1 shot. Our due date was set for July 15, 2010 (yes, three days before our anniversary and six days before my birthday...).

I was scheduled to visit the doctor the following Tuesday to have an ultrasound and an exam. I was on my way to the office when they called to tell me my appointment needed to be rescheduled because the doctor went home sick. UGGG! I was so upset! All I wanted was to hear the heartbeat and make sure everything was okay! And we wanted to tell our families on Christmas (our parents and siblings already knew).

We finally got to go last Tuesday and the heartbeat was good! We got to see it and hear it (it was 158 bpm) and it was amazing! However, the baby measured only ten weeks instead of eleven and a half. So our due date got pushed back to July 27.

Our next appointment is January 27...at 14 weeks. I think we'll be able to find out the gender in March. If we decide to do that. Waylon wants to be surprised but I want to know! I have things to purchase! :-)
Oh, and if you're wondering, I've felt great! Absolutely no sickness at all (yet!), just a little tired!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So exciting! It must be baby season. I now know 4 mommas that are having summer babies! Keep updating your blog! I love seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete