Um, wrong.
I walk up to the desk and the Delta lady said "You're not going to Memphis, are you?" Of course I was. Then she tells me that flight is really delayed and asks to see my paper. It gets better. She then tells me that Fort Smith is the ONLY destination that can't be rescheduled for that night. I would either have to come back in the morning and get to FS at noon or I could go on the delayed flight to Memphis and stay there overnight. Yeah, Memphis is where I'd like to stay all night alone.
So I asked about XNA...knowing my parents probably don't want to drive up there to pick me up...but she could get me there at 10:45pm. So I called my mom...no answer. She is way more likely to say yes than my dad, but I called him next. He TOTALLY didn't want to drive up there that late, but he said he would.
Then, my flight to Atlanta didn't leave for about 3 hours, and it took all of 2 seconds to go through security so I had nothing to do for 3 hours. Good times at Port Columbus, let me tell you.
So, that flight was pretty uneventful. Then when we got to Atlanta, the flight boarding right before the one to XNA was to Fayetteville, NC. This caused MASS confusion. Seriously, people, look at the monitor and it clearly said "NORTH CAROLINA" not ARKANSAS! For those of you not familiar with XNA, it is called the following: Northwest Arkansas, Bentonville, Fayetteville, and XNA. When looking at the departure/arrival screens, it is sometimes difficult to find because different airlines call it different names. Anyway, people were yelling at the poor Delta workers saying "I AM going to Fayetteville" when they were really going to XNA. This confusion caused us to leave late. Ah, yes, and Frank Broyles was on my flight (his traveling partners were some of the confused people...just sayin!).
Yes, I have more to say about my flight. As we were approaching XNA, after I called my mom to tell her we would be there around 10:45 and she left at 9, so they wouldn't be late, the pilot comes on the speaker saying there is NO visibility due to fog and we would wait and see if the fog lifted. If not, we'd hop on over to Tulsa for the night and come back in the morning. I was pretty sure my parents would have killed me! haha. A few minutes later we landed and everything was fine, but it really was SO foggy. Coming home, we could hardly see 10 feet in front of us. We finally made it to FS at 1am. I'm glad my parents love me!
Okay, I'm glad that story is over! I'm sure you are too! Monday, as I mentioned, everybody was off work so we just hung out and went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I had some chicken and dumplings and it was SO good!
Tuesday, I had to take my dad to the airport to go back to Las Vegas. Then I went to my mom's school to have lunch with her. Nothing boosts your confidence like a bunch of first graders saying how beautiful you are! :-) After that, I had to go to the bank and change my name (six months late!) and ran some errands around town.
Wednesday, I went up to Bentonville and had lunch with Jen, Angela, and Avery at Table Mesa. I really wanted an orange roll from Crumpet Tea Room, but I got there 5 minutes after they closed. :-( I went to Angela's and hung out with them for a little while. Then I met Waylon's mom at Sarah's house and we walked over to pick up Hayden and Carsen from school. Donna made a yum-o lasagna and cheesecake!
My mom took off on Thursday so we spent all day shopping...we went to Baby Chic, Blessed Baby, Babies R Us, Keep it Gypsy, and had lunch at HONG KONG! My mom bought Baby several books and a lot of clothes (mostly onesies). For some reason I've been obsessed with stuffed giraffes lately...not sure why, but I think they're adorable, so my mom bought Baby ones of those too. Thursday night, we went to Chili's with Bill. It was the worst tasting meal I have ever had (at a restaurant!). UGGG! I used to LOVE Chili's! I pretty much ate corn on the cob and the brownie/ice cream dessert. Healthy, I know (I did eat something else when I got home!).

I was pretty worn out by Friday, so I stayed home most of the day resting. Then I went to the mall to try to find something to wear to a wedding on Saturday. I couldn't find anything so I had some Geno's pizza and waited for mom to meet me there! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Geno's!! I had it twice last week!! Waylon hates it so I usually don't get to eat there. Anyway, one of the bookstores was closing at the mall, so I got the latest Baby Bargains book and a random Minnesota sports book (it was 60 cents...haha!). Then, I decided to go to Sears...which I am pretty sure I've never bought a piece of clothing from ever but I had a good reason to go there and ended up finding that Destination Maternity makes the same clothes that Motherhood has for Sears too. I got a cute dress for $20 and a shirt EXACTLY like two of the ones I bought at Motherhood.

Friday night, Bill came over and spent the night. Then he stayed most of Saturday too. We were supposed to go to a wedding in Bella Vista on Saturday but it was rainy and I didn't want to be out in the rain. The reception was in Fort Smith so we went to that. It was really nice! I could go on and on about how I had to sit and chat with a lady I CANNOT STAND but Derek would be the only one that understands and he already knows. :-) They had some really yummy cake and I got the plate that had two pieces on it AND a chocolate covered strawberry (yes I did!!!) and of course I ended up running into a guy I went to jr. high and high school with (the groom's brother) and we're just chatting away and then when we were done, I look down and realize I'm holding my plate loaded down with cake. THAT wasn't embarrassing or anything!!! However, I did end up spending the rest of the evening talking with one of my mom's friends who I just adore! She is so funny and I hardly ever get to see her!
Bill and I rarely take a decent picture. Examples:
(mom actually said "oh that's a good one" after this picture above! What???)
Sunday, mom and I went out shopping a little more and then my Uncle Tom came to the house to see us. We spent the afternoon with him and Bill, then we went back out shopping. :-)
Also, throughout the week, my mom taught me to sew. She used to threaten me with sewing lessons when I was younger... As I mentioned, she gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. She got it at The Sewing Center in FS so she called to see if they would show me how to use my machine while I was in town. The lady was SO nice and spent about an hour going over all the buttons and how to do everything.
I had to pack up and go to bed early because I had to be at the airport at 5am....UGGG! My mom got to get up at 4am with me and then work all day!
I got home around noon and took a nap. By the time I woke up, it was snowing. It was 75 degrees in Fort Smith one day...Oh, I miss warm weather!!! (and not wearing snow boots to take Max outside!)
Surprise! I enjoyed your visit so much! Wished I didn't have to work while you were here. Thanks for helping me pick out my glasses. Keep the "bump" pics coming! You look so happy! Thank you, Waylon, for sharing Kel with me. Love all FOUR of you! Mom
ReplyDelete