Friday, April 16, 2010

Mr. Innocent

Most of you all know that Max is our little angel and hardly ever gets into trouble.  In the rare moment he does get in trouble, it usually involves getting food off of the counters when we leave the house (or jumping when people come visit but that stops after a few minutes and he doesn't really get into trouble).  I mean, how can you get mad at this face??

(2006)

So, anyway, we think Maxwell is perfectly behaved ALL the time. 

And I'm pretty sure he has us fooled!

Last week I went upstairs to put some clothes away and Max was lying in the kitchen.  I heard him follow me (because that's what he does...) but he didn't come upstairs with me.  Usually if I'm upstairs and he's not, he is at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me.  So that's where I ASSUMED he was.  I was upstairs for 5 minutes, tops.  I noticed he was not at the bottom of the stairs when I started down.  About halfway down, I saw him...lying on the couch (he is allowed on the couches in the den, but not the couches in the living room...so it's kinda confusing for him).  Of course, I wanted to grab my camera, but he knew he was in the wrong so he jumped  down very quickly.  And, like any good retriever, brought me his toy with a wagging tail. 

He did this FOUR DAYS IN A ROW!! 

So I'm fairly confident that he sleeps on the couch as soon as we leave. 

Here's my evidence...
before:

after:

Notice anything??  When we got home, Max wouldn't even go near the couch.  It was as if he was pretending he didn't even know where the couch was.  lol.  Silly boy! 

Then he pouted because he got yelled at and did this:

I don't know if you can see all the stuffing pulled out of his toys.  He made a nice little trail.

Can you imagine what Max is going to do when he's not the center of our world??  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment