In honor of Earth Day, Waylon finished the flower beds (not really but it was Earth Day). He added the night lighting and everything but the tree and four of the bushes against the porch.
Waylon put down these stones so that I can get out of the truck without stepping in the flower bed. The garage is a tight squeeze for the Tahoe so I have to get out before he pulls in (my belly doesn't help at all...).
The people that we bought the house from had it landscaped all the way around it so it takes about 45 bags of mulch to cover it all. Everyone here uses this black mulch that smells like sheep poo. :-( Others may think it smells like something else but sheep are what I'm familiar with so let's go with that. Hopefully the rain this weekend will wash away some of that smell.
After Waylon finished, we went to Chick-Fil-A and this happened:
Yeah, that's my shirt/belly. Actually it's Waylon's softball shirt because none of my T-shirts fit anymore. So it's seen worse stains.
I love honey mustard from Chick-Fil-A and I always dip my fries in it. I tore off the lid and started eating. Then I couldn't find the lid. And I looked down. It was totally stuck to my belly. :-( I think when I said "oh no!" and peeled it off, Waylon BUSTED out laughing. He laughed...I cried. I laughed too but mostly cried. Waylon was super-confused!
So back to Earth Day... When I was in 5th and 6th grades and lived here:
(I love and miss that house!!!)
we got little pine trees to take home on Earth Day wrapped in wet paper towels. I'm sure most parents threw them away, but not my daddy!! We planted them both and they grew!
Here they are 15ish years later when my parents sold the house:
Crazy, right?
We're taking care of Gizmo again, this time for a whole week while his owners are in Mexico. His "daddy" works a few minutes from here so he dropped him off on his way to work this morning. They are fine together but Max is such a bully and very overprotective of me. Thankfully they calmed down after about two hours of rough-housing and we all took a nap!

No comments:
Post a Comment