We had no plans this weekend and I was absolutely thrilled about that!
Friday our couch and chair were delivered. Waylon came home at lunch and worked so he would be there when the delivery men came.
I really wanted them in an ivory color but they would have to be special ordered and the delivery time was 10 weeks...the week we are due. I didn't want to deal with getting new furniture either the week the baby is due or being 40 weeks pregnant. (And also they smell new so I didn't want the baby to be breathing in those chemicals!) So I settled for the beige. They're probably not what I would have picked out but we wanted a rocker in the den so I didn't have to go upstairs every time I wanted to rock the baby. **Our couch and chair match colors; I just realized the pictures on their website don't match!**
We found a new Chinese place that night and of course made our weekly trip to Blockbuster. Waylon likes to purchase the used DVDs that are 3/4/5 for $20. He never buys anything I am interested in but he did this week. They were both HORRIBLE! haha! No wonder I don't get to pick! He also went to the late movie to see Robin Hood with a friend of his. He managed to talk him into coming to our house and moving our old couches upstairs into the loft...at 1am.
Saturday we were SO lazy! We finally got around and went to the golf store, Petsmart, and Buy Buy Baby before dinner and then we went to the driving range afterwards. There are so many deer around here that they were walking around out in the driving range. It was almost 9pm and there were lots of bugs so I only lasted about halfway through his large bucket and went and sat in the truck. :-)
I decided to try to find something to wear to our shower this weekend so I didn't ruin our Memorial Day weekend shopping. So we went up to Polaris on Sunday afternoon and went to the maternity store, Old Navy, and JCPenney. I didn't buy a single thing! I found one "worst-case-scenario" dress at Motherhood:
Except it didn't look anything like that on me. :-(
Those are the only stores that carry maternity, other than Target, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. We did come to the conclusion that dresses makes my belly look HUGE! I should have taken a picture in the dressing room.
We went to dinner at BJ's Brewhouse. Gizmo's owners gave us gift cards to there and the Cheesecake Factory. I thought it was a burger, pizza, beer/casual place. It was so good!!! I am ready to go back already! Their pizzas were about 2 inches thick and looked so yummy! I got the parmesan crusted chicken that came with white cheddar mashed potatoes and veggies.
Waylon got a roasted half chicken and the biggest baked potato I've ever seen. We realized while we were there that we had, in fact, eaten there before but only dessert. When we were up house-hunting last May we walked from the Hilton over to BJ's with Veronica and another one of Waylon's co-workers. Actually, we watched the American Idol finale last year there!
Yesterday was a BIG day for some babies in our life!
Congratulations Chris and Jen on having a baby GIRL!! Baby Adeline was born Monday afternoon! I can't wait to get our baby girl together with Adeline and Avery to let them play!!
And I just heard that Waylon's cousin, Matt and his wife, Jenn had their third baby boy, Mason yesterday! Congratulations to them!! (although I don't think they read this!)




No comments:
Post a Comment