Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Surprise!!

We had a surprise visitor this weekend!  :-)  Auntie Sarah came Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday afternoon!  I had NO CLUE this was planned!  Waylon told me Thursday he was taking off on Friday and maybe he would play some golf and then we could do whatever.  I love it when he takes time off from work (although it is rare) so I thought that was a great idea! 

Friday morning he slept in really late and I was getting so frustrated because I wanted to do something and then he woke up and laid on the couch for a while.  So I took a shower and washed my hair to get ready for our day.  I was really hot so I just threw on one of his T-shirts.  I only have one pair of comfy shorts that fit (long sweat-pant material shorts) but they were dirty so I just wore a long T-shirt while I cooled off.  Then Waylon told me he was going to the driving range.  By this time I was getting mad that "our day" was going to be over before we even did anything!  I was nice though and said that was fine but I wanted to go out when he got home.  So I did some dishes and put my make-up on while he was gone.  Next thing I knew I heard his truck pull in.  I was AMAZED by how fast he hit the balls this time!  So since I made a big deal out of going somewhere, I thought I should hurry and get ready.  I started brushing my teeth when I hear him banging on the front door.  I ignored it, thinking he would eventually get his keys out.  Well, he kept banging.  So I was heading down the stairs and I hear him yell "open the door, my hands are full!!!" So...I opened the door and saw a girl standing there with him and I SLAMMED the door shut.  Why??  Because I was not wearing pants!!!!  Then I realized it was Sarah so I opened it up and yelled (all while still brushing my teeth!) "I DON'T HAVE PANTS ON!!!"  They were dying of laughter!  I was dying of embarrassment! 

She brought the Baby her first Razorback outfit!  It's such a cute little dress!
After I got changed and finished brushing my teeth, we took Sarah to Max and Erma's and then showed her around Columbus.  And when I say showed her around Columbus, I mean that we took her by both of Waylon's offices, part of downtown (because we don't even know where we're going down there!) and Easton.  Then we went to Buy Buy Baby and she showed me the stuff she liked/didn't like, things she used the most, things that are a waste of money, etc.  We came home for a bit and Waylon and Sarah cleaned the guestroom and guest bathroom so she would have a place to stay!!  If I had known she was coming, I would have had it all clean!  The room was full of tools, painting supplies, plumbing parts, drywall pieces.  Ugg..such a mess!  Furniture was even moved out so they got that all put back together. 

Since we had a late lunch, we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner at around 10pm...quite a change for Sarah!!  When we got home, we had an experience with a curious dog.  We were still watching Gizmo and we knew that he would get food off the counters (just like Max does) so we kept food put away, which was no big deal.  However, we did NOT anticipate that he would go into the guest bathroom and eat SOAP!  I went upstairs to change and there were empty soap boxes in the hall.  I knew it wasn't Max because he came upstairs with me and was prancing around with his toy.  He knows when he does something bad and usually lays down and pouts before we even know what he did wrong!  And Gizmo had nice lavender-scented breath...  He ate three hotel size bars of soap.  I couldn't believe it!!  Needless to say we were up at 6am cleaning up after a sick puppy!  :-(  (And I totally played the pregnancy card and made Waylon do all the cleaning while I just stood there and told him what to do!)


Sarah and I did some shopping on Saturday afternoon and had lunch/appetizers at TGI Fridays.  She bought the Baby some sleeping gowns and a Princess bat and ball.  She also bought me a shirt that I will wear in my 28 week picture.  :-)

At Friday's, Sarah taught the Baby to be charitable:

Sarah started calling her Niecey since we won't give up the name!  :-)

Saturday night we met Veronica and her family at Antonio's (nobody can come to Columbus without a trip to the pizza shop!).  Then we went home and played board games, including Pictionary and Charades!  HILARIOUS!!!  

Sunday morning we had a big yummy breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs and then we had to take Sarah to the airport right after noon.  Unfortunately, she didn't actually get to leave Columbus until much later thanks to mechanical problems.  :-(  Too bad she couldn't have just stayed at our house until then!

Sarah sent us these onesies a few weeks ago and I forgot to put a picture of them on here...they have such cute sayings:
From L to R, top to bottom: A star is born, My heart belongs to daddy, Future Diva, I know my finger is small...but daddy is still wrapped all around it, The world does revolve around me!

Sarah took a few pictures of Waylon and I Saturday night since we don't have any pictures of us together.  I was really tired at this point, so they're not great, but at least we have a few "family photos."

 

It was SUCH a nice surprise to see Sarah!!!  I wasn't expecting to see Waylon's family until after the baby comes!  I hope she had a good time and hopefully next time I'll be able to plan out some things to do.  

Thanks, Sarah, for coming!  It means SO MUCH to us that you took time away from your own family to come help us and spend some fun time together before Baby gets here!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment