Tuesday, March 9, 2010

20 Week Ultrasound...It's a......


FIRST and most importantly...everything looks healthy and the doctor didn't see anything abnormal.  That being said...It's a GIRL and we're SO excited!!!  (Yes, Waylon is very happy!!!)

Before finding out (aka waiting for the doctor):

(I had big plans of taking pictures while finding out but seeing our baby on the screen kinda makes me forget about anything else in the world!)

Her profile:

Her face:

Her little legs showing us she has no boy parts: (Let me actually say that Dr. Sayat is 95% sure...he couldn't say 100% but I'll have another ultrasound at 30-32 weeks so we will make sure then!)
(I know that is hard to tell what it is...Sorry!!)

We had a little discussion on the way to the appointment.  I told her she better let us see and not to be stubborn like her mama (I may or may not have bribed her by telling her that Daddy would buy her stuff after we found out!).  She was such a good listener!  As soon as she popped up on the screen Dr. Sayat said "Oh, we have a great position so let's look now and see if it's a boy or a girl!" 

Waylon took the rest of the afternoon off and we went shopping.  We picked out our crib and furniture but we didn't get it yet because the girl told me that they accept Bed Bath and Beyond AND Babies R Us coupons, so we'll get it when we have a 20% coupon...we have lots of little girl things to buy so we have to save a little bit wherever we can!! (Not to mention saving for that wedding someday!!!)

I really felt the need to purchase something (anything!) girly but I wasn't ready to commit to anything other than clothing so we bought two little outfits at Target.  There were so many cute little dresses but they were all sleeveless and most were around 12 months.  I found her a bikini that was super cute but Daddy just laughed and left the swimwear department.  :-( 

I never in a million years thought I would ever hear Waylon, my sports-loving, man's man of a husband say the following : "No, I don't like that dress...Cracker Barrel has cuter dresses!"  :-)  That made my heart smile!

And here is my 20 week photo:


She is starting to move around a little more.  I was pretty sure I was feeling her before but I know 100% I am feeling her now!  As soon as we sat down for dinner I got two big kicks!  Apparently she doesn't like it when I slouch. 

We celebrated with this dessert:
oh yes we did!

And it was GOOD!  I was stuffed but manage to eat my part!

And just because it's funny:
Max is still our baby boy...And he still hates being picked up...And my hair still looks horrible (um, I cut my own bangs...not a good ending to that story!)

No comments:

Post a Comment