We bought Baby Girl's two dressers on Friday. The double dresser had to be ordered but they had the 5 drawer dresser in stock so we loaded it up. We had to wait until Saturday to find someone to help us get it inside and upstairs though (Mr. Former OSU football player neighbor to the rescue...again!). So now it's in the hallway because we worked on the nursery ALL weekend long! I've been taking pictures along the way that I'll post later. We're about halfway done, but can't decide which direction to take it now.
While Waylon was busy painting and working, I was making these burpcloths (because our girl can't puke on ugly ones, ya know!):
I need to get some girly fabric. I had purchased all that fabric before we found out so they could be neutral (with the exception of the pink ribbon).
When I was in Fort Smith, we went to this adorable little shop that I loved! They had the cutest stuff but everything was extremely girly or very boyish so I couldn't get anything! As soon as we found out we were having a girl, I told Waylon about these tutus they had. The owner was so nice but they don't have a website so I got on her facebook and showed Waylon the pictures. He thought Baby Girl needed one too! So I sent my mom to the shop to see if they still had them and how much they were. She sent me these pictures (from her iphone so they're not top-quality):
Seriously, how cute are these?? They also had aqua and blue but I told mom I wanted it girly. I liked the brown and pink and the solid light pink ones best but Waylon only liked the light pink one. He thought it was "more classy." :-) I can't wait to see it! Mom's bringing it next weekend! And it will be on display in her room until she gets here and can wear it! (Disclaimer: I'm not crazy and won't be dressing our girl in this to go to the grocery store...it's for pictures!!)
Baby Girl also got a box in the mail today from her Grandma and Grandpa W. Well, I'm assuming it's for her...Waylon won't let me open it until he gets home!
This weekend was also the first time people actually made comments to me about my large belly! We were at Lowe's getting paint and the little college boy randomly asked me if it was a boy or girl. So cute! Then at the check out, the girl said "don't forget to come back for the nursery paint!" (apparently we didn't get "nursery paint!"). We braved Walmart to get some other things we forgot at Lowe's and the cashier also asked if we were getting ready for the baby.
LOVE IT!




No comments:
Post a Comment