We were so tired that night that I woke Waylon up and asked him if the goose was lost! HAHA!! We have a lot of geese because of the pond behind our house (there's actually several) and I kept hearing a goose at like 4am flying around. So I needed to ask Waylon if he was lost! Poor Waylon, just trying to sleep!
(This was another lost goose at the zoo)
Sunday we gave Mom the choice of going to COSI or the zoo. She picked the zoo because the weather was so nice. I really want to go to COSI so I need someone else to come visit!
My favorite:
We couldn't find the baby elephant this time. :-(
This girl was having a very bad day! She was in isolation because she was in heat. She wanted to be with the other lions and was roaring so loud! But she was really just whining. She was barely opening her mouth and we could hear it all across the zoo. Poor girl!
I didn't go into the kangaroo exhibit because you walk down a path through their living space. I just didn't want to be around kangaroo dander (that's the same as pet dander, right??) and I wanted to sit down for a minute. When Mom and Waylon came out, they whipped out their cameras and started taking pictures of me walking. They BOTH did it...so embarrassing!
Oh, wait, more embarrassing moments by Waylon:
We pretty much went shopping all day every day. And introduced Mom to Culvers. She wanted to go every night...
We met my friend Sara at California Pizza Kitchen for lunch on Tuesday. I had never been there and it was so good! Mom and I shared a BBQ Chicken pizza. I want to go back already. :-)
I FINALLY got my Sperry Top-Siders that I've been wanting for years! Mom was going to get them for me for Christmas last year but she made the mistake of asking Waylon and he told her they were ugly. Mean ol' Waylon!
While Mom was here, she offered to purchase our lightweight stroller for us. Waylon and I hadn't picked one out yet, so I chose this Maclaren:
And she also brought us The Tutu:
This is what our Girl's closet looks like now after Mom was here:
And the top of her dresser post-visit from Mom:
**See why she had no room in her suitcase for clothes???**
Mom and I also made this dress:
I think it's extremely too long. It's supposed to be 6 months according to the pattern...but I made it! Mom showed me how to read a pattern. I'd never even looked at one before. She helped me pin it and told me what to do next, but I did almost all of the sewing (we finished at 1am... and we were quite tired!).
Mom left Thursday morning. I hope she had a good time. I wish she could have stayed longer!!!
And PS...Thanks Mom for helping us clean the Loft! And for all the presents! Love you!


Oh I love the dress! So cute! You might have inspired me to learn how to sew!
ReplyDeleteWe have that same stoller for Avery, but in orange. I really like it!