Thursday I worked so hard boxing up all my clothes and cleaning out our closet, so Friday morning when my friend Sara called to see about lunch...I jumped at the chance! I had a little more to do with our clothes but I didn't care! So we went to this place near the hockey arena called the North Market. It was so cute. It was kinda (very kinda) like an indoor farmer's market. You could get fresh meat, bread, flowers, spices, etc. and they also have little food counters where you can order whatever you want...BBQ, pizza, sushi, and a lot of different ethnic foods I don't ever try. :-) We got pizza. And then we got ice cream...yay for being pregnant and having an excuse! I almost didn't get any because the flavors were SO out there! But then I spied the gooey butter cake ice cream. Um...yes, please! It was so good!!! Oh, and this place just happens to be right by the convention center which just happened to be hosting the Arnold Classic (as in THE Arnold)...a sports competition that includes everything from bodybuilding to fencing to cheerleading to skateboarding and everything in between.
Anyway, after lunch we went back to Sara's and she was so gracious to let me borrow some of her maternity clothes. One of her boys was born in August and the other was born in January so she had clothes from all seasons. Thanks Sara if you're reading this!!
As I was leaving her driveway, Waylon called to say he was going to get his car at the airport! Hopefully this is his last trip for a while. I know he doesn't have anything scheduled. We had dinner at a place called the Hickory House. We had not been there before, but it was pretty good. I had ribs and actually did NOT make a mess of myself!
As we were leaving, I got LAUGHED AT! I don't think it was in a mean way, but more in a "I'm an older mom and I understand but it's still funny" kind of way. I was so stuffed (they had bread...Waylon's on a diet...I ate it all...enough said!) so Waylon helped me out of the booth and then took off towards the door. I was trying to straighten my shirt out and I was walking slow I guess and he turned around and had to do a double take because I was so far behind him. He stopped and was like "ya coming??" And that's when the lady laughed at me. So sad! And I didn't even realize she was laughing at me. We were outside and Waylon said "you got giggled at..." (I guess that's nicer than laughed at??)
Saturday we ran errands and went shopping...bought nothing except a bookcase. Sunday was more of the same. Except we got to "see" Carsen at his first birthday party! So precious! He did a good job of eating his cake too! He didn't make too big of a mess (as we could see on Skype). He had it all over his face and hands but not like some I've seen!!!
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CARSEN!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!
Remember when Max lost his bootie? And I joked about not finding it until March? I found it yesterday!!! It was actually sunny and in the 40s this weekend so a lot of our snow in the backyard has melted. So now it's a soggy mess but at least I don't have to put a coat and boots on! yay!! And tomorrow it's supposed to be 57 and sunny! But then it will rain the rest of the week. That's okay though! I'll take warm and rainy over cold and snowy any day!!
Tomorrow is the big day!!! Everyone wants to know if it's a boy or a girl...we just want to know if he or she is healthy!! Yes it will be nice to find out what kind of clothes, toys, bedding, etc. to buy...but we don't really care!
No comments:
Post a Comment