We were 38 weeks Tuesday!
(after getting home from the hospital...not the best photo)
It had been raining and the traffic was SO bad! It took Waylon almost an hour to get home to take me (unfortunately he was at his downtown office instead of the one closer to the house...). We got our stuff in the car and headed out. It took 30 minutes to get there and then 30 minutes to get checked in and set up in the triage area. So we'll be taking that into consideration when it's the real deal.
My first blood pressure was in the 150s/90s... The nurse had me lie on my left side and then the readings went down to around 117/59 (which is normal for me). All the readings while I was on my side were normal so the nurse called Dr. Sayat and he said I could go home since I had no other symptoms of anything.
On the plus side, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for an hour. It stayed around 140bpm which is what it's been my whole pregnancy. They also monitored me for contractions. I had a few small ones, or "irritabilities" as the nurse called them. I did have one really big one though. You should have seen Waylon's face! :-) I'm pretty sure he thought labor was starting right then and there. Then he was amazed that I didn't feel it.
Yesterday we had our regular doctor's appointment and my blood pressure was fine. Dr. Sayat spent almost an hour with us discussing why he didn't want to induce me yet and talking about all kinds of other things. He said he was waiting by the phone for the nurse to call him Tuesday night because he knew I was there. He was getting excited that maybe we'd go into labor! :-) It's always nice when your doctor is excited for you!
I was dilated to almost a 2, 50-60% effaced, and at a station of -2. My belly still measured 39 weeks, but he said that it can be off 2 cm either direction and still be okay. He said we would see how I'm doing next week but he didn't really want to induce until I was 40 weeks. He said I could walk but there's no scientific evidence that will help. Waylon said I'm not allowed to walk when he's not home! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment