Monday, July 19, 2010

Surprise Skype Baby Shower!

Sarah threw us a Skype Baby Shower yesterday!  I know she put a lot of thought and time into planning it!!  She had decorations and a cupcake-cake at her house and had ordered the same cake and sent the same decorations for our house here.  She sent everything to our friend Veronica and then she went and picked up the cake here in Columbus. 

The balloons...Sarah  had the same ones in NWA.  I forgot to take a picture of the cake! (and we normally don't keep a light in the middle of the room...it was dark on the webcam so we were trying to brighten it up a little!!)

Waylon had told me that Veronica, Carlos, and Juliana were out and about so they were going to stop by to watch our wedding video with us for our anniversary (they had moved up here a couple weeks before the wedding and couldn't come).  So they came over and my friend Sara was at the door also..."returning our DVDs she borrowed." (but she didn't even have them with her...LOL). 

Then Waylon started Skyping with Sarah and our families were there too!  It was so sweet! 

Talking to our families

OF COURSE it had just started storming and the electricity had flickered a few times before we started to Skype so we were afraid the power would go out.  So we opened presents first (we had been getting boxes all week that I was instructed not to open).  We had the computer kind of far away so that they could see everybody so I would open something and then Waylon would stick it right in front of the webcam.  :-)  I hope they could see everything.  We got a lot of clothes (including Razorback booties and a swimsuit!), her first two pairs of shoes, some pacifiers and teethers, some blankets, diapers, some super cute stuffed animals/blankies, a thermometer, and lots of other goodies! Everything was so cute and makes me wish even more she was already here!!!!

Razorback booties from Aunt Sarah

New Life Willow Tree (Waylon showing it to NWA)

World's worst picture of me but it cracks me up!  Jessica sent these ADORABLE little bow shoes and I think I'm in the middle of saying "SO cute!!" 

Waylon modeling the W bib from Aunt Sarah

Jessica thought our princess needed a Princess hooded towel too! (and I agree!)

After we opened presents, we played some games that Sarah had sent to Veronica.  We did the "how-big-around-is-Kelly?" game (Veronica's daughter Juliana won!!  Waylon came in second!  I'm pretty sure everyone in NWA guessed WAY too big...thanks yall!). 

Everybody also guessed the baby's weight, length, NAME, how old she will be when she gets married, where she's going to college, etc.  Sarah is mailing or bringing me everything from there so I can't wait to read it all!  Waylon and I both said she was getting married when she is 42!  :-)

We also played a game I've never done before that listed off attributes and everybody guessed what characteristics we wanted for the baby (either from mom or dad).  They were things like smile (dad's), intelligence (mom's, haha), legs (dad's), eyes (dad's), etc.  MY answers were right so everybody was scored by mine.  My friend Sara won. 

After we were done with all the games, we were able to take them upstairs to the nursery so everybody could see it.  It wasn't exactly clean/finished but that's okay! 

I thought the shower turned out very nice!  THANK YOU SARAH for all your hard work and planning!  I miss yall and can't wait to see everybody in a few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment