Monday, July 26, 2010

Dr. Appointment at (almost) 40 weeks

We had a doctor's appointment today and made the decision to induce tomorrow!

Waylon and I talked about it last night and decided Dr. Sayat probably would not induce me until after Tuesday so we had planned on asking to be induced Friday if the baby doesn't come before then.   So that was the plan...

After my exam, Dr. Sayat said he was going out of town Wednesday evening after work!  He explained that with "elective" inductions, he will be the one that comes for delivery, even if he's not the one on call.  Therefore, he didn't want to start my induction and then have to rely on another doctor to deliver me.  So he started talking about inducing NEXT WEEK if she doesn't come before then. 

Thankfully he said he would induce me tomorrow if there was an opening on the induction schedule and if that's what I wanted. 

He checked the schedule and said there might be an opening at 2pm tomorrow so we (I) said we wanted to do that if it's available. 

We were barely out of the parking lot and my phone rang...it was the lady who does the scheduling, telling me there was an opening at 6AM!  So that gives me several extra hours before Dr. Sayat leaves town Wednesday!! 

I can't believe she is almost here!!!  We are taking Maxwell to Melanie and Brett's house tonight so they don't have to come get him or anything.  Then we will pick my mom up at the airport around 8 tonight.  I called her last week and told her she should come today just to be here since she has to be back to work August 10th.  I didn't want her to only get to stay a few days so this will work out well. 

Please keep us all in your prayers over the next few days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment