Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day Weekend/Prayer Request

We started our Independence Day weekend with a hospital tour!  Yay!! haha!  It was LONG...an hour walking through everything!  Riverside has two floors of labor/delivery/recovery rooms.  I think there are 20 rooms total.  Basically all we have to remember is to park with the valet guy, go to the yellow elevator and make it to the third floor!  We've already pre-registered and they've called to confirm everything so hopefully we'll be good on all that. 


On the way home from the hospital, there is construction, of course, but there was also the big fireworks show that Columbus (or maybe Upper Arlington, not sure) puts on.  First of all, people started setting up around 8am Friday morning.  Crazy people.  Second of all, there were approximately 500,000 people at this thing.  Again, crazy people.  We got stuck in all this traffic and all we were trying to do was eat and get home!  We finally made it to Champp's after about an hour.  And we totally just watched the fireworks on TV (yes, they played it on NBC). 

We took Max to get groomed on Saturday so he is nice and clean for the baby.  Then we ran errands and got the baby a couple of outfits to bring her home in.  Saturday night we went to Veronica's house and grilled out and then went to the New Albany fireworks show.  We found great parking and seats so the fireworks were basically right in our face.  :-) 

So, at the grocery stores here, when you buy corn, you shuck it right there in the produce department!  We think that is crazy so I took a picture.  And embarrassed my poor husband and myself!  haha!  (that explains why it's a horrible picture!)  I do have to say that sweet corn is one of the best reasons for living in Ohio. So good!!  We could grill it every night and I would be happy.  My grandpa grew corn but I think it was field corn so we'd never experienced fresh Midwestern sweet corn (even though we buy it at the grocery store, it's still local...according to the sign). 

On the Fourth, Waylon went golfing and I went to Sara's for a cookout/pool party.  It was way too hot for me to be outside so I stayed inside the whole time.  Since it was so hot, there was always a group of people inside with me so I didn't feel like a party pooper!!  And Sara's mom was inside with me most of the time too. 

Yesterday was our big To Do day.  Waylon did yardwork and we did some cleaning and stuff around the house.  Then we made our big Sam's and Walmart/stock up trip.  (And while at Sam's, I may or may not have been asked if I was having twins...people are so mean to me here!!!)  We got a TON of frozen food and snacks.  Hopefully for the first couple of weeks after the baby gets here we will just have to run to the grocery store for produce, milk, and bread.  And the store is less than 5 minutes from our house.  When Waylon goes back to work, there is a grocery store right by his office so he'll be able to pick up stuff for me too (okay, so he already does that...!). 

We also got our pack n play set up in our bedroom.  We would LOVE for the baby to sleep in her crib but I don't know if I can do that right away!  So we have it set up just in case.  We also put it up so Waylon can get used to it being at the end of the bed.  I can just see him running into it in the mornings...not good! 


Max, on the other hand, is SO MAD!  He doesn't like the pack n play there because it takes up prime floor space for him to sleep.  Waylon thought maybe Max thought it was a crate for him to sleep in.  He was also acting kind of strange all day yesterday.  I think he can sense that I'm going into labor soon but Waylon doesn't think so! 

Last but CERTAINLY not least, I have a prayer request for the few people that read this! 

Our good friend Cory's dad needs your prayers!!  He was burning brush yesterday and he was badly burned.  The last update I got was that he was being sent to Little Rock to the Burn Unit at Arkansas Children's Hospital.  They will do the initial procedures there and then he will be able to finish his treatment in Fort Smith.  Please pray for him, his family and for the doctors treating him!!

My family has known Cory and his family for about 18 years!  He was my brother's first friend when we moved to Arkansas...some of you may have met him at our wedding (tall with a shaved head...).  His mom taught with my mom for a few years a while back and his sister is the only person I fully trust to groom Max (too bad she's in FS).  So please keep Johnny Durham in your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment