Yesterday was our first wedding anniversary (it's so strange to go back to celebrating our "first" when in December we will be celebrating TEN years together!). Waylon asked me where I wanted to eat dinner and I told him nowhere fancy...I didn't want to have to dress up! I'm sure that's what most girls say about their first anniversary! HAHA!
So we went to Max and Erma's (a local chain that is similar to Applebee's or Chili's). When we got home we got out our year old wedding cake and had some. I have to say it wasn't too bad. My mom had called the bakery and had them tell her exactly what to do to store it and it was okay. It was a little dry but nothing a little milk couldn't help...no champagne or wine for us this year! :-)
Our cake travelled a long ways to be eaten a year later! It started out in Springdale, went to the wedding in Bentonville, then home to Fort Smith where my mom stored it for most of the year. Then when she brought it to us in June, she took it to West Lafayette, Indiana where it stayed in my grandma's deep-freeze for a few days, then it went to my aunt's house in Fort Wayne, Indiana and FINALLY to our house!
Waylon gave me some gorgeous diamond stud earrings for our anniversary (...and my birthday...and my "push present"!). I LOVE them! Nine years ago, he gave me some for my birthday (our first to celebrate together) but the backs were too long and they were uncomfortable to wear. So I was super excited to get new ones!!



No comments:
Post a Comment